Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Spring Poem

 

Spring

By Karla Kuskin
I’m shouting
I’m singing
I’m swinging through trees
I’m winging skyhigh
With the buzzing black bees.
I’m the sun
I’m the moon
I’m the dew on the rose.
I’m a rabbit
Whose habit
Is twitching his nose.
I’m lively
I’m lovely
I’m kicking my heels.
I’m crying “Come Dance”
To the fresh water eels.
I’m racing through meadows
Without any coat
I’m a gamboling lamb
I’m a light leaping goat
I’m a bud
I’m a bloom
I’m a dove on the wing.
I’m running on rooftops
And welcoming spring!
 
I was mostly interested in this poem about spring, Spring, by Karla Kuskin, because it is so energetic and alive; just like the season. With the short phrases and rhyming, I sense so much fun, youth, and life in this poem. The verbs used in this poem, also give me the same happy feeling. There is so much joy and enery from the first line all the way through to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment